Vegan Chinese Style Ribs
October 17, 2018
- 9-12 oz vegan chicken (or seitan strips)
- 1/2 tsp Chinese 5 Spice
- 2 TBS agave nectar
- 2 TBS Shao Xing Chinese rice wine
- 1 TBS hoisin sauce
- 1 TBS Thai chili sauce
- 1 TBS dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp vegan oyster or mushroom-flavored sauce
- 2 tsp molasses
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 1 TBS sesame oil
- 1 tsp red food coloring (critical for the fiery red color)
- GARNISH (optional) – sliced scallions or green garlic
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Now, make the ribs. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the vital wheat gluten, nutritional yeast, garlic powder and 5 spice powder.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the veggie broth, tahini, soy sauce, hoisin and liquid smoke.
- Next add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and start stirring. Once it starts to get hard to stir and starts to become doughy, begin to knead together with your hands.
- Knead together for just a minute until is forms a nice dough ball.
- … get full instruction with step by step image at delightfuldeliciousdelovelyblog