Instant Pot/Italian Farmhouse Vegetable Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 long red chilli, sliced
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, halved lengthways and sliced
- 6 large button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- A handful of dried porcini mushrooms (forest mushrooms, optional)
- 3-4 oz. / 100 grams cavolo nero/kale leaves (a medium bunch of kale), leaves removed from the hard stems and sliced roughly
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 cup tinned chopped tomatoes or tomato passata
- 1 litre (4 cups) vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- Lemon zest and chopped parsley for garnish
- Turn the Instant Pot on and press Sauté function key, the pot will start to heat up.
- Add coconut oil, onion, salt, celery and carrots and stir through. Cook for about a minute or two, while slicing the mushrooms.
- Add the chilli, mushrooms, garlic, and dried porcini mushrooms and stir through. Cook for 2 minutes on Sauté, while preparing cavolo nero/kale leaves and zucchini.
- Get full recipe >> CLICK HERE