Buttered Steak Bites with Mushrooms
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 6 ounces small crimini or button mushrooms sliced in half
- Cut the steak into bite size pieces, about 1/2″ – 3/4″ in size. Sprinkle the meat generously with 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Heat a heavy flat bottomed stainless skillet over medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter. When the butter has melted, swirl to coat the pan. Add about a third of the meat and spread it across the pan.
- Cook for 1 minute and then use a large spatula to flip the pieces over. Cook 1 more minute. Use a spatula to remove the meat to a plate and then repeat with a second batch of meat pieces. Add an additional tablespoon butter to the skillet. The entire cooking process for the meat should only take a few minutes total. When the meat has finished cooking, loosely tent foil over the cooked steak bites on the plate.
- Get full recipe >> CLICK HERE