ONION MUSHROOM CUBE STEAK
This is a meal I think most home cooks have in their arsenal. Everyone seems to make it differently, but most employ the use of some flavor of condensed cream soup.
- 4-6 large beef cube steaks
- 8-10 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced thickly
- 1 medium onion, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 6 tbs olive oil, divided
- 1½ cups high-quality beef stock
- Seasoned Flour: (see NOTES)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Mix the seasoned flour ingredients together. Place about ½ cup on a plate and dredge the cube steaks.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add 2 tbs of the olive oil (it will smoke that's OK). Quickly add the mushrooms and stir until mushrooms are golden. This will take about 3 minutes. Remove mushrooms from the pan.
- Reduce heat under skillet to medium-high. Add 2 tbs olive oil to the pan and brown the cube steaks. You will probably have to do this in shifts because you don't want to crowd the pan. Repeat this step for the remaining shift. Remove the browned cube steaks from the pan. Deglaze the pan with the beef stock.
- Place the browned steaks, mushrooms and onion in the pan. Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and cook for 30-40 minutes, or until steaks are tender.
- GET FULL RECIPE>>https://bakeatmidnite.com/onion-mushroom-cube-steak/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+TheMidnightBaker+(The+Midnight+Baker)