TOMATO, BASIL AND HAM BAKED PASTA
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed Italian tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup store bought basil pesto sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 pound Fusilli pasta (or your favorite)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cubed ham (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt the water. Add pasta and cook the pasta to al dente doneness which means that the pasta will still have a bite to it or be a little chewy. I usually shave a minute or so off the boxed directions.
- Preheat a deep, big skilletor a medium sauce pot over medium heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil to the pan, add garlic, onions, and cook, stirring a lot, for 5 minutes until the onions are translucent. Add the ham (optional) and tomatoes to the onions and stir. When the tomatoes come to a bubble, reduce the heat to low.
- Get full recipe >> CLICK HERE